Page 381 - END OF CART 1

Author SpaceMouse
Admin

#1 | Posted: 9 May 2019 15:29 
quick, find the box

Author Magnema
Registered
#2 | Posted: 9 May 2019 19:09 
You may want to reformat your ellipsis after "Saving..." to actually be three periods - the extra spacing looks weird compared to the previous textbox.

Author SpaceMouse
Admin

#3 | Posted: 9 May 2019 19:27 
It is actually three periods in the file, but I think the browser is automatically making it into a special character without my permission, so I'm not sure what can be done

Author Casanova
#4 | Posted: 9 May 2019 19:41 
Definitely one of the comic's best pages. 😜

Author Magnema
Registered
#5 | Posted: 9 May 2019 21:27 | Edited by: Magnema 
SpaceMouse
Off the top of my head, maybe using an Ascii code for one of the periods would fix the issue? Or something else that would disturb the autocorrecting (perhaps a "zero-space character")?

Author Tych
Registered
#6 | Posted: 10 May 2019 07:28 | Edited by: Tych 
. . .didn't cartridge games have internal saving systems that was why the game was all on one cartridge how the heck did you get a multi-cartridge system for this?

and yes I know this is a webcomic it's just this is kinda bugging me

Author SpaceMouse
Admin

#7 | Posted: 10 May 2019 07:50 
the super nezoom had hard restrictions on cart sizes, so since alastere was such a large game, they had to split it across carts
but it had sufficient internal system memory that a savefile could be transferred between carts via a small program that didn't need a cart active to run - it was used first to enable features in other games, where you'd load one game up, use the transfer, then load the second game up and it'd do something neat in the second game, usually one that came out before
developers did some neat things with it, but the alastere devs were the first that actually tried a multi-cart game proper using the feature

General Discussion Alastere: the Forum / General Discussion / Page 381 - END OF CART 1 Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
You can post without needing to register! Just enter an unregistered nickname, or leave both fields empty. You can sign in here, too!

Alastere: the Forum Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®