Alastere: the Forum
 | Frontpage | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
General Discussion Alastere: the Forum / General Discussion /

The Battle Schedule

Author SpaceMouse
Admin

#1 | Posted: 18 Feb 2020 13:42 
Hello All,
As you may have noticed I am saying something about shifting to the "battle schedule" with the next update. I'd like to explain what that is, and why. It means Alastere will only update one day a week for the duration of the battle, on Sundays. Twice a week updates will resume when the battle is over.
There's some reasons for this:
I simply do not have the free time to create as much output as battles require for twice a week. Battles on a technical side require a great deal of time of me writing the code for them, as well as testing. Battles may look great, but they're the most dense work on the comic. Files for the battles usually are four to five times the length of normal pages. Battles also usually require a great deal of experimenting with art assets, to make sure things look right, and with a full-time job that is heavy on coding work, I do not have the energy to put out two a week.
I promise the battles will be good to make up for it! But for my sanity's sake, I need to implement a longer time schedule for battle pages.

Author Casanova
#2 | Posted: 18 Feb 2020 18:45 
Hey, you gave us fair warning before it actually takes place. That's better than most webcomics.

Author Casanova
#3 | Posted: 19 Feb 2020 13:30 
So my only quеѕtіоn is the decision on Sunday over Thursday.

Author SpaceMouse
Admin

#4 | Posted: 19 Feb 2020 18:38 
Gives me saturday as a safety day to make sure everything is done on time, instead of middle of week where I may have to work long hours

Author Casanova
#5 | Posted: 23 Feb 2020 13:50 
Ahhh, I see. Makes total sense to me.

General Discussion Alastere: the Forum / General Discussion / The Battle Schedule Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
You can post without needing to register! Just enter an unregistered nickname, or leave both fields empty. You can sign in here, too!

Alastere: the Forum Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®